Video consult with patients now for a clinic-like experience:
Since its onset, COVID-19 has been setting a new normal every day and pushing all industries to rethink and revamp their models in the current situation. During these times, Telemedicine has emerged as a suitable alternative for the healthcare industry, to ensure access and continuity to care. Triaging, remote management of patients, and reducing the risk of infection to patients and staff are just some of the benefits it offers. Not just that, it has also witnessed acceptance from the masses who are now warming up to teleconsultation as a viable medium for seeking healthcare solutions while social distancing.
During these times, an excellent way to provide better clinical care and an experience closest to physical consultation is by leveraging video consultation. Seeking virtual care is still a relatively new concept in India, and even though Telemedicine has been around for two decades, it has been utilised to its full potential only now. As per Practo Insights, 80% of all Telemedicine users consulted online for the first time since March 2020. So, even as patients adapt to seeking expert advice online, it is important to make the experience as familiar and comfortable for them as possible. The best way to achieve this is by using video consultation as the primary mode of communication with them.
Why video consultations
- Video consultation helps you deliver an experience closest to in-clinic consultation and sets a level of comfort for patients.
- Our research indicates that 80% of the users prefer video call over audio call or chat.
- See your patients from the comfort of your home without the risk of exposure for you, your staff or the patients.
- Video consultations help you answer patient queries in detail and diagnose the issue better.
- Without the hassle of any of you having to type detailed chats, it helps save up to 50% more time.
- Being able to see each other establishes better trust, transparency and comfort between doctors and patients.
- The recently-revised telemedicine guidelines by MOHFW have also stressed upon video call as a preferred mode of consultation.
- It is completely private, secure, confidential and compliant with Telemedicine guidelines and standards
How Practo helps you deliver the best video consultation experience
- Practo’s video consultation platform has a doctor-first approach. This allows the doctor to initiate the call when they are ready and equipped for consultations. Patients can request a video call, in which case you will be notified about their request.
- The state of the art infrastructure connects your call instantly and is optimized even for low internet speeds to work smoothly
- We have taken all the necessary steps to ensure our video consultations are absolutely compliant with the Telemedicine guidelines.
How to get started with video consultation on Practo
- If you wish to provide video consultations on Practo, you can share your details with us here. Our team will reach out to you to help you get started.
- Once you are onboarded, simply tap the video icon on the chat to start a video consultation. This sends out a call to the patient. Once they accept the call, you are connected and can begin your consultation. It’s that simple!
Some quick tips to help you make the best of video consultations
- Make sure you have good internet connectivity during consultations.
- Invest in a good camera, tripod, laptop or any other device that you need for providing consultations.
- Choose a disturbance-free, noise-free area to connect with patients.
- Set up a well lit-up corner to ensure good visibility.
- It’s recommended that you log in 5 minutes prior to the appointment to start and end the consultation on time.
- Ask for any previous reports, prescriptions or medical records as required.
If you are already providing video consultations on Practo, we thank you for making quality healthcare accessible to millions of people during this time. We would be happy to help you out with any questions and we are always ears for any suggestions or feedback you might have for us. If you are yet to try out online consultations on Practo, we would be happy to have you aboard and help India access quality healthcare online.