Your Practo profile is a powerful tool to provide information to patients looking for high-quality doctors like you.
At the outset, we want to reiterate that your profile on Practo is completely free. It always has been, and always will be. If you want to know more about this, and the difference between the free Practo Profile and Practo Reach – our ad solution for institutions, you can do so here.
Getting a Practo profile is now easier than ever. You can sign up online by submitting the following documents:
- Government issued photo ID (Passport/Aadhaar/PAN Card)
- Your MCI registration number
- Copies of your medical degrees if these are not already updated in your MCI registration
- In cases where online MCI directory does not exist, you will need to submit a copy of your license
Degree and Specialisation Classification
- Once you submit the information above, the following things happen:
- Our team verifies the information against the medical council database.
- The degrees will be matched against the Practo Bluebook – which is a rule book created in consultation with senior doctors, regulatory bodies as well as national associations of various specialties – making it one of the most comprehensive degree-specialisation mapping in India. To read more about bluebook, please visit here
- For every degree you submit, the bluebook will highlight a specialisation that degree qualifies you for, and that is shown on your Practo profile as well as ensures that you are shown in the relevant search results for that specialty.
- For degrees that are not part of the bluebook, they are shown on your profile but your specialisation shown will not take them into account and your profile will not show up in search results for any specialty where your degree is not matched with that specialsation in the blue book.
- With this as the background, below are a few tips to ensure you can maximise your Practo Profile:
- Ensure that you have submitted your medical degrees and license information to Practo.
- Check that your profile shows this information as verified, in case of any discrepancy, please flag it off to us. We usually respond and will share details of any verification failure within 48 hours.
- Ensure that you have your login details for the Practo Profile editor which allows you to make changes to your profile and keep it up to date.
- Ensure your fees, address and clinic timings are accurate and up to date
Taking these simple steps will considerably improve your discovery by patients looking for doctors on Practo.
If you have any questions on this, please do reach out to us.