We know Practo wasn’t not built in a day. It took 15 years of relentless effort, perseverance and dedication of motivated teams of Practeons to come this far. And all along the way, our values have been our north star.
Historically, we have often compared companies with machines. Running a company like a well-oiled machine, is something that many business gurus highly recommend. However, despite the multiple references that draw parallels between these two entities, there’s a simple distinction between them– because companies are alive.
Constantly breathing, growing and evolving with its people, a company on a fundamental level, is defined by its core value-system. In addition to its technology and business strategies that drive growth, long-term companies are built on its guiding principles that shape their culture, behaviour and decision-making. They guide how the company and its employees interact with its customers, partners, and the community at large.
Hence, it is crucial for every employee to align with company values and work towards translating it into impact. At Practo, we strive for the same goal.
At the early stage of our company we started with a set of 3 core values that helped us stay focused on our mission and these were:
- Inspire Trust
- Growth is Oxygen
- Think First Principle
These were not just principles for us, our products, or our company, but a reflection of a Practeon. Being in an industry that potentially impacts millions of people around the world, the stakes are always high, it is crucial to have an anchor that centres our focus positively and guides us in making sound decisions.
And this is where our famed VUPIM: Vision-User-Practeon-Investor-Myself came into being. All these years it has guided us in balancing all the stakeholders with our vision, at various stages of our journey.
However, we recognised the fact that the only constant is change and with time we needed to embrace additional values based on the foundation of VUPIM. So, to enable us in achieving new milestones and positively impact billion+ lives we embraced these new values:
- Say:Do = 1:1: The North Star of accountability, this Value is core to building trust. It’s important to maintain alignment with people’s expectations at all times to build stronger, lasting relationships.
- Returns ≥ Investment: The first step to prioritisation, this Value is core to decision-making.It is about the opportunity cost and ability to focus our limited resources (time or cost) on tasks with the highest impact.
- Frugal, by choice: With an eye on profitability, this Value is core to efficiency. Frugality drives mindfulness to achieve more with less. The lack of wastefulness and prudence in spending is key to sustainable, long-term growth.
- Relentless Execution: A quiet indicator of speed, this Value is a true reflection of tenacity. It is about the determination and persistence to not be satisfied with anything less than the best; the best outcome, learning or value.
- Customer Centricity: A mindset, philosophy and strategy rolled into one; this Value is about putting customers’ needs first. With a direct impact on customer loyalty and business growth, this value should be ingrained in every single act carried out by every single Practeon.
- Integrity: This value is the fabric of our very existence. It is about holding our heads high, knowing we’ve done right by the company, its customers, doctors, investors and other Practeons.
Just like one can’t move mountains in a day, a company like Practo is not built in a day. It took relentless effort, perseverance and dedication of its motivated team of Practeons for the last 15 years, for us to come so far. And, this would not have been possible without the guidance of these values that help us achieve excellence in all that we do and inspires us to #DoGreat every day!