Today we’re taking the next significant step in our march towards becoming a global leader in digital healthcare.
With this round we bring on board some fantastic new partners who will give us considerable edge in our global expansion. I’m very pleased to welcome them to the Practo family and I’m thankful for the continued support from our existing investors, Sequoia India and Matrix Partners, both of whom have participated in this round as well.
Over the past few months, since our Series B funding announcement in Feb earlier this year, we’ve been hard at work building fantastic products that are solving meaningful healthcare problems for millions of consumers every month. In the last 6 months we have:
- Launched our chart topping mobile apps on iOS and Android stores (Download Practo – Your Health App)
- Launched Practo in Philippines, taking our country count to 3
- Launched our first TV Campaign
- Expanded from 6 to 35 cities in India
- Grew the team from 400 to 1500 Practeons
- Acquired some great companies – FitHo and Genii – to help us expand into Wellness and Enterprise segments
- Launched diagnostic labs search in 8 cities
All this has culminated into us becoming Asia’s largest healthcare platform with over 10M searches a month.
But we’re just getting started.
Over the next 12-18 months, we will expand into new segments to cover fitness, wellness, hospitals & more, go to over 10 countries, look to acquire more companies and build new products that will help people live healthier and longer.
Our enhanced international footprint will enable us to impact billions of lives globally and for us, this is what it’s about – our mission to make meaningful impact.
Today we re-iterate our commitment to building fantastic products that will transform healthcare and help mankind live healthier lives.